Demonstrate the ability to write a brief, focused, well-constructed analysis essay
Show that you know how to use analysis techniques effectively
Use good English grammar to create well-structured sentences and paragraphs
What to turn in: The final draft of your analysis essay Your essay should be 700 words in length Your name, course title/number, and date should be in the upper left-hand corner of the document Double-space your essay
Depending on what type of analysis you choose to write your final essay should include:
1) A clear purpose or point (all essays should include this)
2) Good organization (all essays should include this)
3) Completeness – don’t leave out important steps (process analysis) or parts (informative or division analysis)
4) Clearly defined terminology – If you are analyzing a process analysis are the terms used to describe the process clearly defined? In other words, do you understand the process or are some steps confusing because some of the terms used are too technical or foreign?
5) Evidence – If you are analyzing a division or analysis is enough concrete evidence provided to make for a good, credible analysis of the subject?
6) Effective transitions (all essays should include these)